Brand Tasmania Council (Brand Tasmania) is an independent marketing initiative, jointly supported by the private sector and the State Government. The council promotes the advantages of living, working, learning, visiting and doing business in the state.
Brand Tasmania is committed to the promotion and protection of the Tasmanian brand and the values that constitute that brand in national and international markets.
Brand Tasmania recognises that a vital ingredient to the successful development of its marketing efforts is its relationship with private sector companies, industry associations, organisations, educational institutions, community organisations and local and state government bodies.
To formalise these relationships, Brand Tasmania has created partnership opportunities to enable organisations to champion the Tasmanian Brand.
To enlist as a Brand Tasmania Partner, an organisation must demonstrate a commitment to the Tasmanian brand values defined by the Brand Tasmania Council and agree to meet the council’s brand criteria.
So why become a Brand Tasmania Partner?
Brand Partners benefit from cross-promotions, information sharing, mentoring and network opportunities, as well as the use of the generic brand values of Tasmania in a way that will increase market awareness and marketing opportunities for themselves and all Tasmanian businesses. Brand Partners will have access to the full range of Brand Tasmania promotional material as outlined in the inventory of resources listed under Brand Tasmania Resources.
Partnership, once approved is free, but applicants are requested to consider how they might support the work of Brand Tasmania through in-kind contributions.
Opportunities for Brand Tasmania Partners
Brand Tasmania website
As a Brand Tasmania Partner your brief profile is included in the relevant industry section on the Brand website. Additionally food and beverage producers profile’s are included in the multilingual Food and Beverage website.
Partners have the opportunity to lift their national and international profile in Brand Tasmania’s monthly electronic newsletter with newsworthy stories.
Published and distributed exclusively to Partners each quarter, BrandBiz keeps you informed about the activities of the Brand Tasmania Council.
Regional workshops and networking opportunities
The Brand Tasmania Council is committed to holding marketing workshops and networking functions in the state.
Visiting Journalists Program
Targeting prominent national and international journalists this program connects the media to as many interesting and innovative Tasmanian businesses as possible.
Supply of marketing material
Partners have access to a suite of generic marketing items to help them to tell the Tasmanian story
Brand Champions campaign
Brand Tasmania profiles Partners in a series of videos distributed on the Brand Tasmania YouTube Channel.
Partners are entitled to use the registered Tasmanian brand-mark identity system in approved situations to support its marketing activities.
- A manufacturer of a product.
- A producer of food or beverages.
- A grower of a crop.
- A business headquartered in Tasmania delivering a service.
- A business selling predominantly Tasmanian grown, produced or made products.
Brand Tasmania’s Partners become shareholders in the State’s brand and in the custodianship of the values that the brand evokes in external markets.
Partnership entitles an organisation to use the registered Tasmanian Master Brand identity to support its marketing activities. Use applications are flexible but must be approved by the Brand Tasmania Council.
Partnership also represents participation in a potent and active commercial team, the partners of which have individually demonstrated their commitment to the values identified through research by the Brand Tasmania Council.
To be approved as a Partner, an applicant must commit to complying with the following Partnership guidelines:
- Products must be made in Tasmania – minimum 50% inputs (by cost) excluding packaging.
- Produce must be grown in Tasmania.
- Tasmania must be the final place in which the product or produce is given its essential qualities, (manufactured products, intellectual property).
- A claim of Tasmanian made must not constitute misleading or false claim about the products place-of-origin as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Services must be predominately delivered from a Tasmania based office.
- At least 50% of a Partner's employees must live in Tasmania.
- Existence of and adherence to a Quality Assurance system acceptable to the relevant industry sector with appropriate recall procedures.
- Promotion of a culture of excellence within the organisation.
- Tourism businesses must be accredited by the Tourism Industry Council of Tasmania.
- Be regarded as a supplier of quality value-added Tasmanian products or services.
Compatible with Tasmanian brand values
- Acceptance of and compatible with Tasmanian brand values- Trustworthy, Resourceful, Creative and Distinctive.
- A brand or product with Tasmanian, national or international recognition.
- Potential to enhance the profile of the generic Tasmanian brand through cross promotion and badging.
- Prepared to contribute to the development of the Tasmanian brand.
- Demonstrate innovation and ingenuity in product development, business practices, marketing and distribution.
- A demonstrated culture of continual improvement through cultural change, innovation and training.
- A non-discriminatory employment policy.
- A demonstrated culture of community involvement and responsible corporate citizenship.
- Recognise the importance of Tasmania’s natural clean environment to our international profile.
- A commitment to best practice in environmental management and adhering to an environmental management system acceptable to the relevant industry sector.
- The existence and implementation of an appropriate environmental policy.
- Demonstrated awareness of obligations under relevant environmental statutes.
- Able to identify actions taken to minimise environmental impacts.
The Brand Tasmania Council Inc. has the discretion to approve Partnership applications for organisations or businesses that don’t meet the stated criteria but make a contribution to the Tasmanian brand.
Revocation of a partnership
The term of the Partnership with Brand Tasmania is ongoing however the Brand Tasmania Council Inc. reserves the right to revoke the partnership status of any organisation whose actions or words constitute a threat to the Tasmanian brand.
How to apply
Review the guidelines above, and complete the application form.
Applicants should allow three weeks for consideration by the Brand Tasmania Council before notification.