Promoting and protecting the Tasmanian brand involves all Tasmanians, including private sector companies, industry associations, organisations, educational institutions, community organisations and local and state government bodies.
Brand Tasmania has created partnership opportunities to enable organisations to champion the Tasmanian Brand and you are invited to apply, for free.
To become a Brand Tasmania Partner, an organisation must demonstrate a commitment to the Tasmanian brand values and confirm that they meet the criteria below.
Why become a Brand Tasmania Partner?
Brand Partners benefit from cross-promotions, information sharing, mentoring and network opportunities, as well as the use of the generic brand values of Tasmania in a way that will increase market awareness and marketing opportunities for themselves and all Tasmanian businesses.
Partnership, once approved, is free but applicants are requested to consider how they might support the work of Brand Tasmania through in-kind contributions and collaborations.
Opportunities for Brand Tasmania Partners
Brand Tasmania website
As a Brand Tasmania Partner your brief profile is included in the relevant industry section on the Brand Tasmania website. Additionally, food and beverage producers' profiles are included in the multilingual Food and Beverage website.
Tasmanian Stories Newsletter
Partners have the opportunity to lift their national and international profile in Brand Tasmania’s regular electronic newsletter.
This publication serves to link Brand Tasmania with its Partners and Partners with each other. This newsletter introduces new Partners and emerging sectors, as well as profiling existing Partners who have achieved success.
Regional workshops and networking opportunities
Brand Tasmania regularly conducts workshops and networking functions around the State.
Visiting Journalists Program
Targeting prominent national and international journalists, this program connects the media to as many interesting and innovative Tasmanian businesses as possible.
Supply of marketing material
Partners have access to a suite of generic marketing items to help them tell the Tasmanian story.
Brand Champions campaign
Brand Tasmania profiles Partners in a series of videos distributed on the Brand Tasmania YouTube Channel.
Partners can use the registered Tasmania brandmark in approved situations to support their marketing activities.
- A manufacturer of a product.
- A producer of food or beverages.
- A grower of a crop.
- A business or organisation headquartered in Tasmania delivering a service.
- A business selling predominantly Tasmanian grown, produced or made products.
Brand Tasmania’s Partners become shareholders in the State’s brand and in the custodianship of the values that the brand evokes internally and in external markets.
Partnership entitles an organisation to use the registered Tasmania Brandmark to support their marketing activities. Use applications are flexible but must be approved by Brand Tasmania.
To be approved as a Partner, applicants must commit to complying with the following Partnership guidelines:
- Products must be made in Tasmania – minimum 50% inputs (by cost) excluding packaging.
- Produce must be grown in Tasmania.
- Tasmania must be the final place in which the product or produce is given its essential qualities (manufactured products, intellectual property).
- A claim of Tasmanian made must not constitute misleading or false claim about the product's place-of-origin as defined by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Services must be predominately delivered from a Tasmania based office.
- At least 50% of a Partner's employees must live in Tasmania.
- Existence of and adherence to a Quality Assurance system acceptable to the relevant industry sector with appropriate recall procedures.
- Promotion of a culture of excellence within the organisation.
- Tourism businesses must be accredited by the Tourism Industry Council of Tasmania.
- Be regarded as a supplier of quality value-added Tasmanian products or services.
Compatible with Tasmanian brand values
- Acceptance of and compatible with Tasmanian brand values - Trustworthy, Resourceful, Creative and Distinctive.
- A brand or product with Tasmanian, national or international recognition.
- Potential to enhance the profile of the generic Tasmanian brand through cross promotion and badging.
- Prepared to contribute to the development of the Tasmanian brand.
- Demonstrate innovation and ingenuity in product development, business practices, marketing and distribution.
- A demonstrated culture of continual improvement through cultural change, innovation and training.
- A non-discriminatory employment policy.
- A demonstrated culture of community involvement and responsible corporate citizenship.
- Recognise the importance of Tasmania’s natural clean environment to our international profile.
- A commitment to best practice in environmental management and adhering to an environmental management system acceptable to the relevant industry sector.
- The existence and implementation of an appropriate environmental policy.
- Demonstrated awareness of obligations under relevant environmental statutes.
- Able to identify actions taken to minimise environmental impacts.
Revocation of a partnership
The term of the Partnership with Brand Tasmania is ongoing however Brand Tasmania reserves the right to revoke the partnership status of any organisation whose actions or words constitute a threat to the Tasmanian brand.
How to apply
Review the guidelines above, and complete the application form.
Brand Tasmania reserves the right to
- conduct an audit of the applicant to ensure they meet the necessary guidelines.
- show discretion to approve Partnership applications for organisations or businesses that don’t meet the stated guidelines but make a contribution to the Tasmanian brand.
Applicants should allow two weeks for consideration by Brand Tasmania before notification.
Food and Beverage Partners
All Tasmanian producers are invited to be part of Food and Beverage Tasmania, a multilingual website promoting Tasmania’s key advantages in safe, premium food production.
Use these guides to develop your profile